FDH with COVID-19 symptoms sent to PW hospital
A foreign domestic helper was sent to the Prince of Wales Hospital after exhibiting symptoms of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which has infected at least 53 people in Hong Kong so far.
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) said the domestic helper worked for a 42-year-old man who tested positive for COVID-19 on Feb.7. Her employer, who lives in The Palazzo in Fo Tan, went to Hebei province in northern China via Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport on Jan.22.
He also went to Guangzhou and Macau on Jan.26 and returned to Hong Kong via ferry on Feb. 2. He developed fever and cough the following day.
He had no record of past illnesses. Like his domestic helper, he was also confined at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sha Tin.
His friend, who also lived with him but showed no symptoms of the deadly virus, was sent to quarantine.
“The domestic helper presented with symptoms who lived with him will be sent to PWH, and quarantine will be arranged for his friend who lived with him, who is asymptomatic,” the CHP said.
Philippine Consul General Raly Tejada said they are trying to verify from the health authorities in Hong Kong the nationality of the foreign domestic helper.
Prior to this, two Filipina domestic helpers were quarantined after their employers tested positive for COVID-19. One of them has been released on Feb. 7.