PCG helps two Pinays who accused their employers of rape
THE Philippine Consulate General (PCG) is helping two Filipino domestic workers who accused their employers of rape.
Welfare Officer Judith Santos said there were two pending cases of FDHs who complained of rape and that are still being investigated by the police.
“We have two cases and they’re ongoing. One of (complainants) has decided to go back home while waiting for her court hearing. Her father is sick,”Â Santos said in an interview.
She declined to give details about the two cases since they are still under investigation and have yet to be tried in court. A source said the complainant who temporarily went home to the Philippines is waiting for her case to be tried before the High Court.
“She is ready to come back when the trial starts at the High Court. She is ready to testify,” the source said.
In August, a 28-year-old Filipino domestic helper who filed a rape complaint at the Western Police Station against her Indian employer.
The Filipina started working for the employer on July 16 and the man’s wife and children were reportedly abroad when the rape incidents took place.
The worker arrived in Hong Kong in March 2015 and was previously employed by another family. After the alleged rape incidents, it took the Filipina a week to report them to the police.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) records showed that four overseas Filipino workers in HK complained of rape since 2014—one case in 2015, two in 2016, and another case last year.
There were also seven overseas Filipino workers who complained of sexual abuse or harassment last year, two in 2016, and one in 2014.
The cases of maltreatment of OFWs numbered 88 in 2014, 66 in 2015, 279 in 2016, and 90 last year.