North Korea is readying for another nuclear test ahead of Trump’s Asia visit
WORLD (Seoul, South Korea ) : According to the South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS), a tunnel at North Korea’s mountainous nuclear site was primed for another missile “at any time”, possibly ahead of President Donald Trump visit to Asia, after noting “active movement” of vehicles around a missile research institute in Pyongyang. CNN reported that the NIS information also said Pyongyang will continue to “push for the development of miniaturized, diversified nuclear warheads.” This is contained in the report co-written by Rep. Kim Byung-kee and other members of South Korea’s parliamentary intelligence committee after a closed-door briefing by the NIS on Thursday. North Korea could be working towards replacing spent fuel rods at some point this year and the agency had already detected activity around the missile research facility in Pyongyang, Yonhap news agency reported.
Kim Jong Un and his regime claimed to have conducted the North’s sixth nuclear test of a hydrogen bomb on Sept. 3 and that explosion created a magnitude-6.3 tremor, making it the most powerful weapon Pyongyang has ever tested. According to CNN, the North Korean regime on Thursday dismissed regional press reports that one tunnel at the underground nuclear test site collapsed after Pyongyang’s sixth missile test in September, killing hundreds of North Korean workers. A spokesperson for South Korea’s unification ministry told Agence France-Presse they had no information on the reported tunnel collapse.