Some counter services of the Labour Dept suspend services
The Labour Department (LD) on Sunday announced that some of the department’s counter services are affected by the compulsory testing.
A compulsory testing notice (CTN) requires any person who stayed at the Labour Department (10/F), Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, Sham Shui Po, for more than one hour during January 17 to 21 to undergo a COVID-19 nucleic acid test, as in certain LD counter services will be affected by compulsory testing.
The Labour Department further announced that the following service counters will suspend services starting tomorrow, January 24 until further notice.
· Minor Employment Claims Adjudication Board,
· Labour Relations Division (Kowloon West Branch Office)
· Employees’ Compensation Division, the Occupational Medicine Unit (Kowloon)
· Operations Division (Kowloon Region)
· Occupational Safety Service
· Labour Inspection Division on the 10/F of Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices
Members of the public who have made prior service appointments with these offices will be informed of the alternative arrangements individually.
The LD will maintain close liaison with the Centre for Health Protection in its anti-epidemic work. It will continue to implement various disease prevention measures, and remind all staff to stay vigilant regarding personal hygiene at all times. If they feel unwell, they should seek medical advice immediately and inform the department.