PH, HK move forward after hostage crisis

THE Philippines and Hong Kong are moving forward after the 2010 Manila hostage tragedy was resolved in April this year. Consul General Bernardita Catalla said she had met with Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying last month and the Hong Kong official’s concern was improving the bilateral relations between Manila and former British colony. “He was very welcoming,” Catalla said. Vice Consul Charles Macaspac, who also attended the meeting, said Leung acknowledged the resolution of the four-year-old crisis. “The first thing he said to us was the crisis is over; it’s resolved so bilateral relations can proceed,” he said. Catalla added that with the enhanced relations, “Hong Kong can help in bridging the Philippines and China.” She stressed the Philippines, through the Philippine Consulate and Filipino community in Hong Kong, is focusing on promoting economic and cultural exchanges to strengthen bilateral ties. The Philippines and Hong Kong on April 23 announced that

ADVERTISEMENT