Top Stories

Image title

A foreign domestic helper was sent to the Prince of Wales Hospital after exhibiting symptoms of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which has infected at least 53 people in Hong Kong so far. The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) said the domestic helper worked for a 42-year-old man who tested positive for COVID-19 on Feb.7.  Her employer, who li...

February 14, 2020
Image title

The Philippine Consulate General said on Feb.7 that the first Filipina domestic helper who was quarantined amid the novel coronavirus scare (2019-nCoV) in Hong Kong has been released. "The first Filipina domestic helper quarantined has been given a clean bill of health and therefore has been released by the Health Department," Consul General Ra...

February 7, 2020
Image title

Chief Executive Carrie Lam said on Feb.3,2020 that she has asked labour and immigration officials to ascertain what steps they can take to address the situation of foreign domestic helpers from the Philippines who have been barred from returning to Hong Kong and are finding it difficult to go back to the Philippines due to a travel ban. Philippi...

February 3, 2020
Image title

The Philippine Consulate General confirmed on Feb.3, 2020 that overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are covered by the travel ban to mainland China and its special administrative regions (SARs) Hong Kong and Macau. “Blanket e,” Consul General Raly Tejada said. “Lahat covered, worker, businessman.” Bureau of Immigration spokeswoman Dana Kr...

February 3, 2020
Image title

The Philippine Consulate General has confirmed that a Filipina domestic helper was quarantined after her employer's parents, who came to Hong Kong from Wuhan on Jan.22, tested positive for the novel coronavirus which has infected over 1,300 people in mainland China and at least 10 other countries. She, however remains in good health and did not...

January 26, 2020
Image title

The Philippine Consulate General has confirmed that a Filipina domestic helper was quarantined after her employer's parents, who came to Hong Kong from Wuhan on Jan.22, tested positive for the novel coronavirus which has infected over 1,300 people in mainland China and at least 10 other countries. She, however remains in good health and did not...

January 25, 2020
Image title

The Philippine Department of Health secretary said he had ordered the Bureau of Quarantine to meet again with Cebu Pacific officials so they can carefully and quickly trace the passengers from Wuhan who arrived in the Philippines on Jan.21. DOH chief Francisco Duque III said this in an interview with CNN Philippines on Jan.23, after his Hong Kon...

January 23, 2020
Image title

The Filipina domestic helper who was arrested for alleged possession of explosives on Jan.16,2020 along with her employers has been released on bail. A police spokesman told Hong Kong News on Jan.20 that the domestic helper has been freed along with the two other women who were nabbed in Sha Tau Kok after a police search of a house there netted ...

January 22, 2020